Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring Break!






I am praising God today. He is so amazing. Everytime I think I get it I am blown away by His wisdom. Weyni came home for Spring Break and it was the sweetest time we've had since she's been here. December was great but something has allowed her to trust us differently even since then. It is so strange.The independence she has now has allowed her to trust us more. She is in control of her education and daily life. I think that is empowering to her, but she has our support, love and prayers at home. I don't know what tomorrow holds but I know God is in control. I am cherishing the restoration God is doing. Six months ago I thought my world was falling apart. Even three months ago accepting my daughter wasn't going to live daily in our home shattered my world. I have learned to accept our living situation looks different then some other adoptive families but it is glorious just the same. God reminds me daily shame, guilt and insecurity is not from Him. When I accept He does things again and again outside of the box there is peace. I wish I would quit trying to put Him back in the box!!!


Please continue to pray for Weyni, she is still going through attachment issues daily even in her friendships. It will be a lifelong journey and we will continue to allow God to direct our path. There are still a mixture of regular teen issues with attachment problems. Its so true that once you come to the end of yourself God is there waiting to show you how amazing He is. I know He is more capable of bringing her to Him daily than I ever could. He is also healing the sibling relationships. My girls are writing to each other and crafting together and laughing together. It hasn't been this "real"...uummm ever.


And you know what? She calls me and I get to be the mom. I get to help save the day by fixing things for her. There are no walls that are up that keep her from letting me mother her. Again, only God knew that letting go of her would bring her to us. I try to keep things in perspective, not to get too excited about all the positives, but I know God wants me to take one day at a time....and today is good.


4 comments:

Stace said...

goosebumps and tears here....reading your post! THANK THE LORD for healing that only HE can do! THANK YOU for the update and we will continue to pray for her and everyone else.

How wise of you to realize that the attachment/trust issues might extend to friendships. I hadn't really thought of that!

AND YOU GET TO BE MOM! Hope your superhero cape is clean and pressed. I can't wait for you to use it more and more!

Charisa said...

WHAT??!! A blog post???!!!

:)

I am in awe of how God has unfolded this journey. so many lessons learned of faith and trust by watching you guys--and how God has moved and worked.

LOVE the pics of the kids. THey are all growing so much. especially love the heartfelt smiles.

LOVE YOU! now hurry up and get over here!!

Murphy Momma said...

Rejoicing with you over answered prayers and sending up more for continues healing. May God restore the years the locusts have eaten.

Kimmie said...

Thank you for the prayer (and love) ...it really blessed my heart.

how are you guys. and WHEN are you going to update here?

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted